8/02/2006

Ding Dong the bells are gonna chime . . .

Get me to the church . . . get me to the church . . . get me to the church on time!!! One of the drama troop members at NSGA got married over the weekend! I was invited to the wedding reception and it was great fun. I had no idea I was going until the last minute when I was invited so unfortunately I was not dressed properly for a wedding reception. I looked like John Belushi in Animal House because I had been working all day! But no one seemed to mind and luckily no one passed out from standing next to me. The wedding reception was held outside because lets face it why wouldn't you have an outdoor party when the weather is great? There was plenty of music and dancing. Don't worry there are several photos of me out on the dance floor to prove to the world what a horrible dancer I am. At least I tried and everyone got a kick out of seeing me dance with the band! There was a live band for the first half of the reception and they were awesome. The drummer was using drum heads that were cracked and his symbols looked like some dog had been nawing at them but somehow he made it work. I wonder who the first wedding singer ever was? Is Neil Diamond a descendant from this person? Is that were he learned to dress? How come in the Bible during the wedding feast at Canan there is no mention of the wedding singer? I guess Elvis Costello was right " Writing about music is like dancing about architecture, it's a really stupid thing to want to do." African women love to get dressed up and they change their hair styles more often then Donald Trump changes suits. Sometimes I can't even recognize a woman I know because her hair has changed so drastically. There were many beautiful dresses at the wedding reception with very elaborate patterns on them. The food at the wedding reception was just as good as the music. Nothing compares to good old fashioned barbecued chicken. You can't go wrong with that! Before I left I congratulated the newly married couple and wished them the best. I also slipped a little something in the hand of the groom as a small gift! No it wasn't a PEZ dispenser!!! Good old fashioned cash. Something any newly married couple anywhere in the world can use! Ciao

1 Comments:

Blogger wwjdfkb said...

When do you head back to good old US of A?

6:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home