8/02/2006

O Canada . . .

I spent most of last week working with the new Canadian volunteers who arrived. I went around town with them and tried to answer as many questions as possible. It's amazing that just nine weeks ago I was asking the exact same questions as them. Now it's my turn to be the one trying to answer all the questions. They are a very fun group and I'm sad that I only got to spend a week and a half with them. It would have been great fun to get to know them better but so it goes. The Canadian volunteers went through a quick one week orientation before they started teaching in the summer schools. The summer school program at NSGA runs five weeks and educates students from around the country on health issues ranging from STI's to Diabetes. Glad I don't have to teach either of those subjects! I'm still working on the data for the Bed Net Dipping Campaign and I believe it may take a miracle to finish the work before I leave. I'm glad that I continue to be busy at work because I would hate to spend my last days here just sitting around doing nothing. If there is work that needs to be done I'm your man. It will be tough to say goodbye to all the friends I have made and I'm not sure how I will find time to say goodbye to everyone but I will do my best! Now that my time is up everyone wants me to come over to their house for dinner. I wonder if I could manage four dinners in four different places in one night? I know I could eat four dinners that's the easy part! Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home